Sunday, September 21, 2008

School Library Exemptions

It is great to be a school library...do you know why?  Well, school libraries are able to take advantage of school copyright exemptions and library exemptions.  But there is more paperwork and more regulations placed upon them.  

I know that it is a joke on some school faculties that "We are all going to copyright jail," but as the SLMS, I need to share the proper formats for using textbooks and other educational material with the copier, VCR/DVD, and CD's.  

I am not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.  Teachers and others in the education field have been sued for violating copyright...it is a reality that some do not want to face.  Ignorance is not an excuse.  


1 comment:

Jessica Modrzejewski said...

This leads into the TEACH Act...and I love the reference to staying in a Holiday Inn Express!
Mrs. M.